tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

still relishing the fine Benefit show Thursday night

i'M STILL getting rave reviews for the weedhawks, nick barry, todd burge, joseph henry performances at the americana music series benefit Thursday evening at the Front Row. I think we done good, pulling together a good show for the folks who ventured out. I hope they will still be talking about it long into the future. I got a nice acknowledgment from Bobby Lane. Nick headed off to New Hampshire the day following the show, so it will be a while to thank him, and hope he got a boost toward recording some, and maybe playing a few shows. Todd followed up the next night at the Blennerhassett hotel. The weedhawks are in Athens OH this evening at Jackie O's. I have been too busy with work and such to listen to the CD's I got; I've got a little traveling this week, so I hope I'll be able to give a listen and review as the week unfolds.
Todd had a nice version of "way over yonder in the minor key" (from the Mermaid Ave. work of Billy Bragg and Wilco) at the show. It was amazing the way Nick's songs took people back and were well received, including his encores. Todd and Joseph's back up of Nick on some songs was a nice touch, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home