tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

passed by posting #1000 with little fanfare

Just like a car odometer passing 100,000 miles, the ol' blog passed post #1000 a few back. I don't get much feedback that people stumbling on to it later ever go back to any of the earlier postings for nostalgia or perspective. Most of the feedback I get is just about the current postings. I'd be wondering if even I would want to go back and read the early postings now!

I visited the Thirsty Turtle last evening to scope out the scene as a possible venue for some of the future tribute/ benefits. Left a message for the owner. Took a peek in the music room. It is very nice, and classy, but small. It seats about 40 (unlike the B-52's chrysler which seats about 20). It has a nice stage, and dance floor area; its own bar etc. So it has some potential, but the size concerns me. Ken Storey and I were discussing ways to make the smaller size work, with a more "exclusive" limited seating concept, but I'll have to think about that, and talk to some others. I also re-visited the 5th St. Pub, still weighing its potential for the tribute shows. I guess I need to track the new management of the Wheel House to see what's going on there anytime soon. People mention the Blennerhassett Hotel, the scene of some pretty cool songwriter nights Todd Burge has put together. Somehow that just seems a little too fancy for my humble events.
Oh, by the way, if you don't know the thirsty turtle by name, its the old club47 out on route 47 just out of town, now just past Rt50's interchange. Its a very nice looking place- the main bar is very welcoming and pleasant, and then there is the little back room- as I said, also very nice. Seems like a friendly crew- the one fellah just had been stung by a wasp out back, swelling up around his eye. Getting lots of sympathy and advice. Some bikers were extolling the virtues of their upcoming trip to Sturgis SD. Some Americana type / country music on the jukebox, as I was leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home