tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weedhawks listing of influences on their MY Space

Johnny&June,Gram&Emmylou,Steve Earle,Rolling Stones,Carter family,HankIII,George Carlin,John Lee Hooker

well, do you see the connections with my overall "americana music tribute series" concept, between these kinds of listings, and Ruby Jean's on the previous post? There's something going on that links crazy folks like us. Even despite my incredibly poor promoting skills, I will continue to try to get people together around their love of all this wild and wonderful music.

Come see the Weedhawks this Thursday in Parkersburg, at the Front Row, 8 pm, with friends Nick Barry and Todd Burge. This is a benefit celebration so come out and get a guaranteed night of excellent music, and help out a good cause. I can almost assuredly guarantee some people will be there who know Bobby's body of songs pretty deep, and if you are new to them, you will be amazed at the requests and reminiscing. I can also guarantee some impromptu something-or-other that will be memorable, and worthy of relating as a story later on. KNow what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home