tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vinyl Record Sale - two days from now

I don't have a really catchy thing to write, right now, about the vinyl record sale, since I am tired out at the end of a long day at work, but I feel I should write something to keep the hype going. I got a Van Halen record right in the middle of some Andy Williams, Manteovani, Christmas records and such. It never ceases to amaze me, how this stuff gets cross connected. I will have to do a whirlwind job tomorrow afternoon and first thing Saturday to get this room set up for a bang-up record sale display. I have a fellow coming in, bringing his own records to try to sell, which is something I have always encouraged but haven't had too much takers on. I am amazed at the large volume of 45's that have also amassed over the last 6 months. I will set up the record player for people's listening enjoyment and to sample some of the novelty records that mill about. I've generated some new interest in helping me gather a few new records off my dusty ol' pile of vinyl records list (from the Todd Snider song of the same name>>>>>>) I will spend an inordinant amount of time amassing my Herb Alpert collection, since I have additions now. I will further brainstorm my skeet shooting (paint ball gun) concept. I will try to research and connect with others around the country hopefully still celebrating National Vinyl Record day, on the closest saturday to Aug. 12, which is when Edison invented the phonograph. I will try to "ghost write" a story to submit somewhere after the event and try to generate further dialogue among music lovers. Is that enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home