tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

13 13 playing this Saturday down at the 5th St. Pub

Good friends, 1313 are playing this Saturday night down at the 5th St. Pub (that would be Saturday, September 6th) show starts at 10 pm; there is another band (which I believe is playing first, LIfe is Lost. Then the rockabilly sounds of the hard working trio comes on. I hope they get a good turnout; they generate some great audience connection, and their hard driving sound pumps you up something good. Jonny was circulating some flyers around town; and I bumped into Dave Mc, at his "day job" the other day, and always good to see him. Jonny's working up his JOhn Prine set list for the Oct. 10th show, proving he's one of the most versatile musicians on the local music scene!!!! I've now, in my short span of knowing him see him do just about everything musically!!!! (well, maybe I shouldn't go too far........)
They've got a new (for me at least) logo for the band that is pretty classy on their flyers for the show. Give them some encouragement and enjoy a good evening of music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home