tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, September 15, 2008

john prine birthday tribute benefit update

So, the John PRine birthday tribute # 6 for the Mid Ohio Valley will be Oct. 10 at the 5th St. Pub in Parkersburg starting at 8 pm. $5 donation gets you in the door and with unbelievably great odds to win a fabulous prize from Steve's generous war chest of great John Prine prizes. Talk it up, and send questions my way-
I know for a fact that Jonny Nutter is feverishly working on his songs; I heard it from a disgruntled football fan, who was disrupted in his daylong TV watching hearing/ watching Jonny rehearse his fingers to the bone. I am not quite ready to disclose Jonny's set list yet without his expressed written permission, but I know its some Prine classics. Matt Starcher is honing his selections also, he is e-mailing almost on a daily basis with excited queries and statements. I know Todd Heslep has the biggest arsenal of Prine songs coming back from previous years, (someone can take this as a friendly challenge..... ahem......) He always has a way of filling in the gaps in the requests that others might not do. I haven't talked to Don Baker in a while, but I think he's all set to do a set. I have a few others to get back to, to follow up.
And me, after getting over my dejectedness over Andy having a conflict for that night, am vowing to crack the old knuckles, get new strings on the geetar, and dust off some songs. I won't yet disclose the set list, but from 5 previous years of listening to every song of every Prine birthday tribute, I am almost guaranteeing some unique songs from the Prine lengthy and impressive song list. Just be patient waiting for updates. They will come.
Thanks to everyone in advance for getting the word out about this benefit, and for keeping the spirit and momentum alive for the Americana Music Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home