tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Lyndsey's graduation party at River City Grille

The Greens will be playing this Friday night at the River City Grille (in Marietta, not Parkersburg) (which is in a motel by the interstate in Marietta). This has been a long awaited celebration for Lyndsey's college graduation this month. She has been a long time enthusiastic Greens supporter, as well as a hard working woman, and I am sure she is glad to have accomplished this landmark of education!!! The Greens have not played this venue I don't think, but Andy played a solo show there during the summer or something; an early evening show before a later night at the Marietta Brewing Co. The Greens are most recently coming off a show at Gibbie's, and have a few more private parties during the holidays. We are eagerly awaiting news finalized about any New Year's Eve show. I have the multiple Gaudy Green Party hats, ready to bring to wherever they might be playing; to memorialize Greens' New Years Eve shows of the past 5-6 years at the Wheel House. Apocalypso will always be the ultimate New Years Eve song in the Greens repetroire (did I spell that right? Is this thing working? Is this thing on?) The joyous cavorting that goes on during Country Maestro comes a close second. I could go on and on......... Come out and see the greens and wish Lyndsey a congrats! (I don't know if there are any hotel rooms available, but that was part of the draw; come and celebrate and don't worry about getting home!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home