tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Odetta died

I saw where Odetta died; at the age of 77. This folk singer influenced a lot of other musicians and was part of many of the great festivals/ events/ etc. of the folk music world of the past 50 years. We saw her on Mountain Stage within the last few years. We have a number of her albums gathered in the ever growing "Tuck folk music archives." Be on the look out for some good tribute reflections on her life and music, and impact on so many; let me know if you find a good one to post here. She had that big ol' deep powerful voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home