tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Peter Doggett's Are You Ready for the Country?

Having finished this fine book, and probably needing to return it to the library today when there are no fines, and not having really re-capped somethings I liked from it, I will re-visit it at a later time. I particularly liked learning a little more about the roots and origins of some fine, intriguing musicians that I didn't know too much about previously. Elvis Costello, John Hiatt, Charlie Rich, John Anderson, Jason Ringenberg, for instance. Doggett very deftly weaves enough of a background on these musicians into his overall theme. His listing of some 100 recommended albums in the "folk-country-rock" realm is very helpful and enriching to my record browsing and making connections with the music I always loved, and some new variations. I will be hunting this music down, for months if not years!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home