tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stuart's Opera House and Aquabear's Music Swap Meet

I visited Stuart's Opera House Saturday afternoon for a great little music swap meet-type event. This was a fun thing, which I hope continues. Browsing vinyl records, many contented music lovers were in seventh heaven. Lots of musical instruments and stereo equipment for browsing pleasure, too. Some CD's, books, and other music memorabilia. Obviously just set up to get people together around music, hopefully it was worth the organizing effort, and it will be continued. At least people were making connections and so that is always worth something. A great line up of shows is coming up at Stuart's over the next months, so get out and support what a great thing they are doing there in Nelsonville!!!
I got to pick up some of the material for the Aquabear Legion, some of their upcoming events, and the Reader. Brian seems to be working hard on this networking effort, and hopefully this, obviously dedicated group, will keep connecting music folks in the Athens area.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love music and like to play musical instruments... Prefer to buy them from Musicians Friend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home