tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chris Smither show last night in Charleston

Chris Smither performed last night at the Walker Theater of the Clay Center as part of the Woody Hawley series. Barebones (the acapella group from WV) opened. This was a great night of music, very enjoyable in all ways. Chris is evolving into one of my most respected songwriters and performers with the more times I see him. He has a great lyric touch, his guitar playing is impressive and enjoyable, he tells a great story and is a masterful observer of the human condition. It is fun to hear familiar songs, and then have him work in new ones, and see the growing body of work become familiar. Barebones can add to any show, because of the uniqueness of the acapella sound- great harmonies and song selection, and audience connection. Ron Sowell's got a great thing going with this series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home