tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Saturday afternoon and evening in Marietta

I went to the ColonyFest yesterday, to take in some of the outdoor music, and the songwriter invitational. I saw some of Ron Sowell's children's music show, and then the various "winners" of the songwriter contest perform one song, and then Maybe Logic, Andy Hall and Andy McVey's current musical group. Then I went indoors to the Galley for the songwriter radio show taping, featuring the same 4 winners from the day's songwriter contest. Ron Sowell put on an energetic kids show in the blazing heat; he really put his "soul" into it, as you could say. The songwriters all did a fine job, switching in and out, just doing one song, with Todd Burge MC-ing that portion. Maybe Logic had a great set of funk, jazz music; a great sound, perfect for such an event. They've got a solid line up, and I hope they keep getting an audience. The songwriter taping in the upstairs at the Galley, featured four great and varied performers. I will have to get the woman's name (from the previous post, listing the performers, she is from Columbus); and then the other 3 were local regulars at the songwriter shows: John Radcliff, Joseph Henry and Wes Casto. They all poured their hearts and souls into their 4-6 songs, for the taping. Check out Todd's www.songwriternight.com for info about when it will be broadcast. Tonight's broadcast features Ron Sowell from a month or so back- on Z 106 I believe!!! 7PM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home