tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Don Baker's new CD

Don Baker came to the coffee house the other night (Stacey Earle and Mark Stuart) and brought me a copy of his new CD. This is a very enjoyable listen- it is fun to be already familiar with some of the songs, from Don's participation in local songwriter nights. And then to hear the good sound he has created on CD with Todd and Billy is very impressive. A nice showcasing of Don's solid vocals, and songwriting, but a great touch on the backing instruments, harmonies, and recording. I hope folks will get themselves a copy when Don is out playing, and you'll be in for many enjoyable listens to this local solid contributor to the music scene here in the Mid OHio Valley. These down to earth songs, good melodies, and steady "familiarity" are very satisfying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home