tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

another little survey/contest to get you thinking....

Whose the Greatest Complete(Music & Lyrics) Songwriter of all time?
Here's the Criteria-The Songwriter had to Write "BOTH" the "Lyrics" & the "Music" for at least 10 Brilliant Compositions,and you have to cite those 10 songs. It doesn't matter if those 10 songs were written while they were in a Band,or not. But they had to Write "ALL" 10 Songs "Completely" by "Themself". That means "NO" Assistance from Anyone, on "ANY" of the Music & Lyrics of the 10 songs. Don't waste my time with listing Artists that only wrote the "music",or Artists that only wrote the "lyrics" for the 10 Brilliant songs you're going to list. I'm making this Crystal Freakin' Clear! They had to write Both! If you're not sure if the artist you want to list has written "Both", then DON'T reply!!!Just to give you an idea. Here are 16 Songwriters you could "Possibly" choose from, that fit my criteria-John Lennon,Bob Dylan,Leonard Cohen,Cole Porter,Paul Simon,Van Morrison,Neil Young,Irving Berlin,Paul McCartney,Elvis Costello,Bruse Springsteen,Stephen Foster,Hank Williams,Woody Guthrie,Townes Van Zandt, & Tom Waits.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

as for the "greatest" it's a matter of opinion. but here are some of my faves...
nikki sixx: live wire, too fast for love, shout at the devil, too young to fall in love, nona, kickstart my heart, come on & dance, merry go round, starry eyes, looks that kill (and many more)
prince: why you want to hurt me so bad, i feel for you, 1999, little red corvette, delirious, controversy, do me baby, when you were mine, lets go crazy, alphabet st., erotic city, batdance, the future, partyman, round & round, starfish & coffee (and several inappropriate titles)
Kurt Cobain: come as you are, breed, lithium, polly, heart shaped box, rape me, all apologies, about a girl, anorexorcist, endless-nameless, dumb....

beck:just ask tyler

there are several more i can think of but the baby will allow me to be on the computer for only so long : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home