tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

some quotes about Townes Van Zandt: to pique your interest in coming to the movie Wednesday evening

Townes used to say, "Man, I could have been a Poet but this stupid music keeps coming with it." Townes was a funny guy.

He wrote some of the most stunningly introspective songs of our time. His songs evoke imagery and visions of otherworldly places and beauty. His songs reach a place in your soul few writers ever enter. The characters in Townes songs are usually the downtrodden, derelicts, drifters, whores and those less fortunate than most of us, though we can all identify with their "humanity" through Townes' words. He's gone to those dark places, so we don't have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home