tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down

I forgot to mention last week, while at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, I saw a handwritten version of Robbie Robertson's lyrics to The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down. I was struck by the slight differences to the commonly performed version; and wish I had written down the lyrics, or secretly tried to snap a picture of them. I just remember it was interesting, and was thinking it would be nice to sing that version, when I stand in with the Greens occasionally and sing this song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home