tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Carpenter Ants show last night in Marietta

I went to the new venue in Marietta, the Adelphia (connected to the Galley) to see the Carpenter Ants last night. Opening act was Hey Mavis. I really like this venue and wish them well; both at the bringing in of some acts from around the country, and whatever local music they can put together and bring in some crowds.
The Carpenter Ants put on a great show; lots of enthusiasm from the audience for their great songs and friendly banter. Lots of good gospel harmonies; lots of funny songs; lots of good rich historical weaving of traditions and influences. Steve Forbert, Lucy Kaplansky, Patrick Sweany, all upcoming at the Adelphia.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger toddburge said...

right on Steve. Thanks for stopping by and.. once again, supporting the scene. more can be found here on the Adelphia
www.thegalleymarietta.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home