tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Will Kimbrough's show at Court Street Grill Friday night

I traveled down to Pomeroy Friday night to catch Will Kimbrough's solo show. Jackie does a great job of bringing acts like this in, with his enthusiasm and commitment to a wide variety of music. Will put on a great show; two solid sets of songs from throughout his career; weaving some good stories and humor, and great guitar work in this solo configuration. Will moves through some different paces and styles to his songs in a way that captures a lot of my favorite music. He has a great outlook on our culture and society; he has very versatile guitar work. He is an approachable guy for an audience. He has connected himself to some really intriguing mix of fellow musicians. A very enjoyable night of music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home