tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Owen Temple - house concert here in Parkersburg last night

Owen Temple made a second stop in Parkersburg last night to do a house concert. He had an upright bass player, Josh Flowers, with him. They played a great show, featuring many (if not most) of the songs off Mountain Home, his new CD, as well as a LOT of songs from "Gary Floater" - a very hysterical "alter ego" for odd songs/ spoofs/ funny stuff, that still comes off as good music, but is just plain enjoyable listening. He is a sharp, witty guy; with a great eye for the absurdities of this culture, and also a poignant capturer of the human condition. He's added to my list of those I will follow and be eager to see him come back around this part of the country. He stopped by today to browse the vinyl collection, and exchange some music around his recent discovery of the Weedhawks. He gave me a good background of his life, and I enjoyed getting to know him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home