tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday, January 6th

Slow times for the ol' music journal. Guess I'm just a wee bit busy with work; and not able to "rise up" for music details. Saw Walk the Line last night, at the late showing. This was very good in prep for the Johnny Cash tribute. I'll be assuming that many of those in attendance in late Feb. (25th) will have seen it; so there may be able to be some references to it. I assume it was autobiographical enough, that he really had gotten the idea for Folsom Prison Blues from watching a documentary while he was in the Air Force in Germany. That was a good insight into the song writing process. June's early work/ versions of Ring of Fire was intriguing also. Though for some reason I had it pegged that she had written it earlier in the story..... And the scene where Johnny is in Memphis and intrigued by the shoe shine guys rhythm; and that ending up in a song was a nice touch. Shooter Jennings little bit was a connection; hearing that he was playing at Folsom with Joachim Phoenix recently; having seen him open for robert earl keen at Stuart's last year; before he even had a CD out.
Bill Poole called today; needing andy's phone number; he'd recently lost all his phone numbers in a cell phone switch. I got to ask him a lot of update questions about the live music prospects at the Front Row in 2006. I was very encouraging in my efforts to pitch local live music, but the hard cruel pressures of bar ownership is something to be reckoned with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home