tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

review of friday's show at the wheel house

The expanded Greens had the wheel house rocking friday night. A big, big crowd of holiday partyers were enthused by the Greens diverse high energy show. The Phillip's brothers added much drive and spunk to the steady trio, that has been the greens of late. Aaron's sax work in with Andy's guitar work was "reviving the sound" of the Greens of 1-2 years ago. The set list (first set only- I got too caught up in the second set to write 'em down, included:
beekeeper
what is today?
paint it black
without mercy
starving artist
cars and horses
(from strange language - all over everywhere?
don't you worry baby
flyin solo
ain't too proud to beg
West virginia dream
California stars
and the two banjo tunes- adam phillips on banjo; aaron on vocals, guitars, etc.

the second set started out:
big ol bessie
little warrior
she's a busy girl
el dinero (I need money)
apocalypso

then I didn't keep track; but it got rocking with a lot of dancing etc.
(most of the great dance tunes, etc. etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home