tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Late Friday; Andy at Bogies

After the Todd Burge show, I made it over to Bogie's - got there at Andy's first break between sets. He was playing solo, and had an appreciative audience; by the time I got there, there were a lot of calls for cover tunes (unfortunately, I think I missed some debut songs in the first set). Brandy made it to her first show in Parkersburg in a very long time; maybe this whole school year! Had a long talk with Ian Williams; an appreciator of Phish, the Dead, etc. and he really likes andy's song Bushwhacker. Another guy who knew andy both from parkersburg days and morgantown, was leaving for colorado soon, and was kinda getting a parting musical memory. Andy is making the adjustment of trying to keep the audience pumped even doing a solo gig (rather than a more reflective acoustic show)- he got a goodly group up dancing, even with out the full band accompaniment! He will be back at Bogie's next friday night, the 16th, and plans are in the works for the third year in a row to be at the wheel house on new years eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home