tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

travelin' music - cold trip to charleston

Goin' to charleston for a meeting and return: listened to Townes Van Zandt (high and low and in between) (compilation of two early 1970's albums) Larry Groce doing "Poncho and Lefty" the other night led to this choice. 2nd up: Going Driftless (an artist's tribute to Greg Brown) 14 woman singers giving versions of Greg Brown songs. Lucinda williams, ani difranco, iris dement, etc. Listening a little fresher and newer to Mary Chapin Carpenter's "spring and all."
3rd up: (back to Parkersburg)- Bleecker Street (greenwich village in the 60's) orginal songs by folkies from the 60's with new renditions from a wide variety of "current" performers..... my back pages, pack up your sorrows, reason to believe, thirsty boots, the last thing on my mind, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home