tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Johnny Cash Tribute benefit updates

I am going to be out of town for a week, so I don't want anyone to lose momentum on their planning/ enthusiasm for the CASH BASH tribute on Feb. 25th at the Wheel House. I will return next weekend, and get back in touch with people; setting up a musicians get together for either Feb. 11, 18 or maybe mid-week Feb. 15th. Talk it up, and anyone who can put up flyers at stores, stop by my office and see if they can give you some. I will have some more attempts at newspaper publicity when I get back. Things are progressing on getting some musical instruments donated or reduced price for our raffle that will start with this Johnny Cash tribute benefit and end at the neil young tribute in November. We are developing this "sponsors" concept to try to draw some folks to make a more generous donation of support for the overall series, which will be announced the week I get back- Feb. 6th etc.
Meanwhile, bone up on those johnny cash songs, and get your set list together. Drop me an e-mail message if you think of something good for the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home