tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

recruiting "songs" for the Johnny Cash tribute

here are some songs that we presume MIGHT be requested at the Johnny Cash tribute, so if any musicians out there want to give them a whirl, contact me:

Man In Black
I walk the line
a boy named sue
ring of fire
folsom prison blues
hey porter
big river
if I were a carpenter
sunday morning coming down
ragged old flag
san quentin
delia
I still miss someone
daddy sang bass
jackson
it ain't me babe
orange blossom special
5 feet high and rising
don't take your guns to town
ballad of ira hayes
cry cry cry
get rhythm
rusty cage
i've been everywhere
long black veil
girl from the north country
what is truth
there ain't no good chain gang
(I got) stripes
swing low sweet chariot
the one on the left is on the right
one piece at a time
(late ones)
hurt
give my love to rose
the man comes around

give me a call or e-mail; we think we'll allow a little "doubling up" so don't be shy about wanting to do the "famous ones."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home