tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Minton Sparks

So now I am all intrigued by Minton Sparks. A spoken word performer that will be opening for John PRine a few times in March. She does her performance with some interesting combinations of background musicians accompanying her. Keb Mo; chris thile (nickelcreek), abigal washburn (uncle earl). AND she does a little "buck dancing." I meandered through some web searching to read a long interview with her last night. This is some intriguing connections with interest areas of mine- the storytelling/ poetry connection along with the solid musician-eclecticism...... someone put it into perspective or context for me......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home