tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday - nuthin' much to say.......

Hello, its Friday; nuthin' much to say (a little dull). Andy plays in Morgantown this weekend; we'll eagerly wait a report on the show at the Brew Pub. Then I think it will be back in Parkersburg at Bogie's next weekend, but I'm not even sure of the night. (and I will begin putting the times of the shows on the blog!!!) ahem, sorry about that Ryan.
Heading out for the annual John Prine trek tomorrow to Prestonsburg Kentucky (Mountain Arts Center) a sold out show- look for the report. This is the show with Minton Sparks opening. John Prine fresh off the Grammy award for best contemporary folk.
Still getting a few enthusiastic and positive comments and recollections on the Johnny Cash tribute.
I am announcing the first 2006 Vinyl Record Sale; for April 1st Saturday, in front of the Sound Exchange on Murdoch Ave. from 11 am - 4 pm. I'll be there setting up just one table full of vinyl records for sale, as a benefit for CHS. I'll try to pick the most intriguing ones from among the multitudes of records we collected last year...... Look for the usual publicity venues for this fund raiser, and come on out and browse, and give me encouragement; buy a raffle ticket for the guitar, or talk about the Americana Music Tribute series, or bring me a cup of coffee from Tim Hortons, or River Valley Bagel, etc. etc. etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home