tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

report on Greens show last night

The Greens put on a high energy show to much audience acclaim. Tony Castillo was sitting in on bass; the original bass player with the earlier version of the greens. He was great at picking up the songs and added some good energy and entertainment. The highlights might have been the two times, in two sets, when andy and tony traded guitar for bass; andy surprised me by playing a very mean bass, and I knew tony had the good skills on the 6 string electric. Those were two inspired instrumentals. It was over too soon (the overall show)- and leaves the crowd eager for the next time.
Connie Dale from Graffiti took a picture of the band; hopefully some publicity upcoming. She also asked about the woody guthrie tribute; so I hope to finally get some coverage of one of the benefits in graffiti next week.
I think there was only one new song in the set list last night- flip side? But as I said, Tony did an admirable job ad libbing some new material for him- he has always been an enthusiastic supporter of andy's songs......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home