tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

woody guthrie tribute lead-up

Don Howerton is working on some songs with a musical partner this weekend, he will be reporting to me what songs they come up with after the weekend. He is doing some of the children's songs. I'm hoping someone will do "mail myself to you"- take you for a ride in my car - howja do - jig along home - we kinda fizzled on working up a rendition of hobo's lullaby, but maybe someone still will.
I'm gonna be printing off extra verses of this land is your land (tliyl as pete seeger refers to it) with the more radical bent, and alluding to the gap between the rich and poor, etc.
Todd Burge will be bringing Billy Matheny on board for the show, and is in touch with some others. I'll stop in (hopefully) at the Beatles tribute this coming Thursday at the Smoot, to see how that goes.
My sound guy sounds all ready to do both parts of the show.
If anyone has the energy to put some flyers up around town, please arrange to pick some up from me- I always have some in my car, but I'm kinda lazy about stopping at stores, etc.
I'll be starting to put some woody quotes on this blog over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home