tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Woody Guthrie tribute benefit today

Awakening to threatening thunderstorm weather- very muggy, etc. We'll just be watching the weather right up to 1 pm or so. I have a few kazoo solos ready for this afternoon. Kim and Wendy worked up two additional songs last night despite Kim's being under the weather. We made two decent rhythm shakers.
Some last minute shuffling of the "line up" going on- those sorts of things.
I went to 4 different places yesterday looking for one simple copy of "Bound for Glory"- so we could read the part about the freight train ride, and then give the book away as part of the door prize tickets. I'll be looking for Mickie to try to pull a fast one on me again tonight with the door prize numbers.
Well, I'm typing up a few more recitation things, and organizing my "stuff" to take downtown.
3-5 pm at Bicentennial Park (across from the city building, the court house, etc.) and 8 pm at the Wheel House. Come support our good cause. Bring a camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home