tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Greens friday night show "revue"

The Greens played another high energy show at the marietta brewing company friday night- the 1st of September. I was a little leery when the class of 1981 from MHS was blocking the area in front of the greens set up- but they dispersed before the music started. Andy giving a nod to their reunion nostalgia. The loyalest of crews were there; and I think (with their 3 times playing there recently) some Marietta fans, too. They just can't squeeze in all the requests/ favorites anymore, with their pretty full stable of songs. It does get interesting how they intersperse stuff from all different stages. Its been awhile since I have been able to see them, and had almost forgotten that the new 3-4 songs were in the mix. Denise Headlee mentioned hearing Greens songs on 103.1 FM on the radio; so that is a second comment to that effect. I am stunned that the radio stations have the opportunity (from their corporation headquarters) to play local music!!!!
The Greens are at the wheel house this coming friday night- the 8th- for a long awaited return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home