tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, February 16, 2007

wrapping up a week

The Americana Music Tribute Series t-shirts are in; I've shown them to a few lucky souls. The notice was in the Free Time (friday entertainment section). I'm heading out to Kentucky tomorrow afternoon after a lunch speaking gig for the shelter. I don't think I'll venture out for any live music tonight; probably be too tired by 8 pm. No new callers today about musicians wanting to perform; but I've got an exciting and intriguing line up going. I have finalized wanting to have a musicians' get-together Wednesday night, Feb. 21st at 7 pm at the Wheel House, around one of the traditional round tables. Craig Childers will probably be "spying" in, for some early scoop on the Friday night festivities. He still won't forgive me for not having a Steely Dan tribute. "you call alabama the crimson tide......."
Andy is not playing in town this weekend here. I had to ask him about the "northeast mini tour"- look on their my space site - so you ask him too. Encourage them.
John Prine tomorrow night in Lexington. Arlo and the Guthrie family Legacy Tour sunday night in charleston. Some pre-occupations with the road conditions. Trying to get some more flyers out down the home stretch for the Cash Bash. Need to pick and finalize some dates for the next two upcoming events- April and June.
I've got my hands on the Townes Van Zandt and gram Parsons DVD's to preview for upcoming film series nights.
I just got the new Lucinda Williams CD to listen to on the way to Kentucky.
I have not gotten any responses to my inquiry on Greg Brown's yahoo-list, about the song rooty toot toot to the moon.
I've got a bunch of ideas floating around in my head for further connecting my musical interests and experiences........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home