tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Andy last night at the Wheel HOuse

Andy had a spirited solo show at the wheel house last night, to a pretty appreciative audience braving the cold dead of winter night. He DID play the new songs- You should listen up for "Tribute" and (I don't know the name)- the one he references is a West Virginia song- "Down" is getting to be good and familiar by now. He worked a good mix of old and new in the solo acoustic versions, and then couldn't help "giving them what they wanted there at the end" for some dancing stuff. It was a good long couple of sets.
It was good to see a good bunch of the Johnny Cash show enthusiasts there- they are definitely boosting my morale that the tribute is going to be great- a good mix of folks- I hope everybody can keep talking it up!!! It is going to be downstairs in the main / regular bar area- so I'll go through my usual worrying about enough seating for everyone- but it makes for a good feel- as most everybody tells me!!!
If somebody knows the details of what andy is playing at out at WVU-P that night they could let me know. I'll probably try to have a musicians get together along about Wednesday of next week- the 21st- when I hopefully will have the americana series t-shirts available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home