tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

April 27th- next event in fund raiser/benefit/tribute series

I'm getting things in gear for the next event in the 2007 Americana Music Tribute Series live music benefits for Children's Home Society of WV-Parkersburg. it will be Friday, April 27th, 8 pm at the Boreman Wheel House in downtown Parkersburg, for a $5 donation. I am actively recruiting musicians and singers to perform; have folks get in touch with me; most of you that have been coming to the events know its a very open and welcoming process- send people to me to AT LEAST talk about it- and I will encourage each and everyone that they will contribute!!!! I actually don't have very many confirmed or lined up; so I don't want to get anxious.
I don't want to limit or impose hardly anything on people stepping forward. My idea is anything in the range of: Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, June Carter, 60's folkies like JOni Mitchell, Judy Collins, Joan Baez, country types like Dolly Parton, Emmy Lou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, modern women like: Lucinda Williams, Dixie Chicks, Alison Krauss, etc. etc. etc. Bonnie Raitt, you get the good wide range. These can be people coming forward singing original songs, covers, imitations, own interpretations - we're even expecting some male performers of female writers' songs, etc.
We just want to keep the momentum and fun going from the other events, and keep people hungry for more; and most of you know, I am always looking ahead to other ideas and things to try, so nothing is too "out there" to discuss.
Plus, its not too early to be contacting me; brainstorming the "Whole lotta Hank" show in JUne. I am patiently waiting to hear if Ashlee heard back from Hank III about responding to our event...............................

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger ashlienutter said...

no response yet, but I'm trying

 

Post a Comment

<< Home