tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

americana event- turnout disappointing

Oh my, the turnout for the women of americana music celebration was very disappointing. I am very discouraged. The performers did a great job- Grace Hall, Don Howerton and Phil JOnes, Tyler Storey, and Linda Cline- all played their hearts out, and hung in there despite the low turnout. I am stumped; I feel pretty defeated, that I don't have it "figured out." (what would draw the crowd)- I guess there is a certain hit or miss to it; but I guess I have gotten lulled into thinking there was momentum building, and the overall concept of the series would keep folks coming; but I guess I was way off. I hope the singers don't get discouraged; they are so willing and eager to help out.
One fun redeeming thing was that the vinyl record boxes were a hit- people picked up some good female vocalists records pretty well, and it created a good little "buzz." That was a good idea I guess- and a good (hopefully) lead in to next week's sale at the sound exchange. I don't honestly have a great batch of records, but I'll see what happens- maybe some more will come in this week.
Thanks to the wheel house folks for being encouraging anyway, despite the bust of a night, and thanks to JT and Cory for the sound work, and being encouraging all along the way.
I'll just have to shake it off and move on to the next event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home