tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

the countdown to the women of americana

Well, one way or the other, we're on the countdown to the next event in the 2007 Americana Music Tribute Series, the celebration of women of Americana music. Friday, 8 pm at the Wheel HOuse. $5 donation. T-shirts for sale- the gray with maroon lettering. Some CD's for door prizes; haven't come up with a contest for this one yet (if anyone has any ideas).
I was hoping somebody would sing Big Yellow Taxi (joni mitchell). I don't know whether to expect any (male) to come dressed in drag to perform. Robert Earl Keen has that one song about Hank Williams.......... I've probably scared Craig Childers away by telling him I hoped someone would do a Janis Joplin set. He must have had a bad experience with a girlfriend at a young age who was a Janis Joplin fan. I think he would actually be nostalgic if he heard a good performance in the present tense. I hope someone is warming up a version of "let's give 'em something to talk about" by Bonnie Raitt. Its been a few years since all the fervor over
oh, brother where art thou"- but people would enjoy a few of the renditions from that, I bet, if anybody is so inclined (get it, patsy, {in} cline - {D}........ stream of consciousness only gets you so far.
I need some last minute inspiration for some extra themes/ door prizes, etc. C'mon folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home