tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, April 20, 2007

glob blog (palindrome)

I will mash this all into one blog, and then over the weekend, cull it out into separate parts.
The Greens are not in huntington tonight; but they are tomorrow night, at the V-club.
Andy is doing an open mike again in Morgantown; I can't remember which night, its the pub with the McC name near the brewing company; I would only butcher the name if I tried, so I'll fill it in later. ("I know a butcher who's a vegetarian", etc.)
I have set the date for the first (!?!?) vinyl record sale of the year: cinco de mayo Saturday, May 5th 10-2 in front of the sound exchange on Murdoch Ave. please help spread the word; I'm getting a little late start publicizing the event. Bring me your tired, your poor, records for re-distribution to other music lovers. Help Steve get his "complete set" of vinyl records from Todd Snider's song, dusty ol' pile of records: you know, willie, waylon and woody guthrie, jimmy buffett, lyle lovett, and bobbie gentry..... etc. ending with piles and piles and piles of tom petty....
Its down to a week before the 2nd event in our 2007 Americana music tribute series fundraiser for CHS- the women of americana tribute next friday, 8 pm at the wheel house in downtown parkersburg.
Saw Aaron Phillips father the other day at the post office; and he talked about going to see Corinne West in Columbus - and that she would be at the purple fiddle this summer; this is a friend of Aaron's from the california coast; and has a nice enthusiastic set of reviews etc. for her music if you track it down.
I believe this big festival Aug 3-4 is being referred to as: mountain music and jam festival (pennsboro speedway; moved from the mineral wells speedway. Feed me details.
Alethea (sorry for the spelling) was at the greens show last week at the wheel house, and we lamented the passing of bogies- she is now at par 500 and said they'd like to get andy in there. Andy Huggins works at 6 Pence pub now; and invited me to an open mike on wednesday there, that he's participating in. Said there was still positive buzz about the greens st. patricks day show there- (yeah)
I listened to DADDY (will kimbrough, tommy womack) on the ride down to charleston and lucinda williams on the way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home