tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Women of Americana celebration April 27

Now we're getting down to the home stretch for the next in the 2007 Americana Music Tribute series. We're going to be celebrating any and all women associated with the "genre"- with a pretty wide definition that pretty much fits anybody someone wants to include. This can be original songs, too, "in the style of" the performer, and a chance to showcase a local musician.
Please help me get the word around; we have a pretty good momentum going for these events, but I always worry a little about the unknown, of conflicts with other events, people not understanding the concept, etc. I've got flyers if anybody has good places to put them up; talk it up personally, encourage women singers to contact me to "book" a slot. Friday, April 27, 8 pm at the boreman wheel house, 406 Avery St. Parkersburg, $5 donation to children's home society of wv and its services in the community to children and families. call me for information or to share ideas: 485-0650.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home