tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Greens detective work

The Greens Won't be playing at the monkey bar friday night in Huntington- there are other bands listed playing there that night- a full slate! But the Greens have a nice little advert for their show at the v-club in huntington saturday night. They are playing with a "jeff ellis and the x all stars"- someone connected with Guiness Clark Wine; that the Greens have played with before. He has an interesting my space site; talking about a recent cd and a tour of duty in Iraq, that I recall hearing about. I don't know which order they play on Saturday; maybe someone can fill me in.
This music fest in August that's listed on the green site: now I do a little digging and find out it has moved to Pennsboro from mineral wells, and the greens are scheduled on Saturday in the evening. This is a HUGE line up of WV musicians, and very diverse musical genres. For the life of me now, I don't know how I stumbled on the right website, but its there somewhere in cyber.
Then; Elkins on the 28th of this month. Opening for the Povertyneck Hillbillies starting at 7 pm. I had to do a little round about hunting for that website too- through Davis Elkins college website. Friday is Flogging Molly - an interesting sounding touring act. That conflicts with the Americana tribute women's night for me back here in P-burg, but that looks like a good two night show in elkins. There is a producer/ manager for the Povertyneck Hillbillies (out of Pittsburgh?) that was connected to Hank Williams, Jr. - so I keep looking for threads of continuity - (with our Whole lotta Hank tribute on June 22nd here in Parkersburg).
Keep August 17th in Morgantown on the calendar for the amphitheater show; now the greens are also at the sternwheel festival in marietta in early September.
We are excited to hear the greens may be getting some studio recording time at Mark Poole's in Morgantown with some of their winnings.
We like to hear: "Y" (WHY") recorded; "Down" - and anything else they'd like to put down tracks........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home