tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

vinyl record sales - mid week

I sold 77 records yesterday as part of my on-going fund raising efforts. A guy who had been here at Saturday's "regularly" scheduled sale, wanted to come back and look through the bigger collection. He is a perfect fit, because he's interested in classical, big band, etc. So he got to venture into the "pit." He will be back to look some more! I was enjoying getting to spend some time myself browsing, as my most recent interactions with "the collection" have been grunting and sighing at handling the heavy boxes, and lamenting the ever-increasing bulk of records I never imagine will sell...... But there ARE some interesting diamonds in the rough when you get a chance. I finally actually secured Bobbie Gentry's "ode to billie joe" for my Todd Snider's dusty old pile of vinyl records collection (she's there between lyle lovett and jerry jeff); and I got an album by Darol Anger from 1979 "fiddlestics" - with david grisman, tony rice, etc. A picked up a couple of new christy minstrels and peter paul and mary to further augment my "folk music from the 40-70's collection. An album from 1971 the Nashville String Band "identified" - with chet atkins jethro burns and homer haynes looking really goofy in cowboy outfits, but some intriguing song selections including "oklahoma hills" by JACK Guthrie. A rick nelson record from 1970 with SEVERAL bob dylan songs on it, an eric anderson song, tim hardin, doug kershaw. Little Ricky was really branching out at that stage of things. And then I retrieved my hop along cassidy record and story book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home