tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Grand Rapids Michigan circa 1974-1975

So I used to visit this live music venue in Grand Rapids sometime around 74-75; it was in a specific neighborhood of GR, which I don't recall the name of; 5 corners, old town, whatever; it had a cool neighborhood name. And the place was somesortof saloon or something. The band I recall was called Paddlefoot (there was a animal character from a cartoon - speed racer type thing?) and they (to my recollection) played: pure prairie league; new riders of the purple sage, the flying burrito brothers, nitty gritty dirt band, loggins and messina? type songs- I remember the glendale train, and the house at pooh corner being two regular songs. Elderly instruments in Lansing, and possibly a satellite store in Grand Rapids where a housemate worked; that's where I got the Yamaha guitar to learn on, and hitchhike all over lugging, before settling in WV. You had to learn "you ain't going nowhere" by bob dylan as a first song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home