tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Anais Mitchell "count down"

We've hit September, so the fall music events are close at hand. Anais Mitchell, a folk musician from New England will be coming to Parkersburg, on Thursday September 20th to play at the Front Row at 9 pm. Tickets are $7. I have some, or you can get them through Bill Poole at the Front Row. Flyers are going up around town; Bill has made some pretty nifty ones, and there are promo ones from Righteous Babe Records for her album The Brightness. I sent up a batch to Marietta to hopefully draw some folks from that neck of the woods. I sent press release info to: Athens, Charleston, Morgantown, Marietta, Graffiti. I sent things in today to the local entertainment sections of the paper. I will hit some e-mail address lists next week.
Anais is playing a solid few weeks around the show in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, DC, Philadelphia, and on MOuntain Stage a few days after being here. There are some pretty impressive venues she is playing on this whirlwind trip; she will have a hard time remembering where she is, and where she will be the next day. Take a listen to her music on her website: www.anaismitchell.com and see her journal writings and links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home