tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

bluegrass benefit show recap

Well, I have to say I was sorely disappointed with the crowd/ turn out at last night's show. I guess I didn't do enough to promote it; there were a number of conflicting events (some even bluegrass events) and there was a big, huge thunderstorm that knocked out some power just before it started, when people would have been considering whether to go out that night..... But the music from James Price and his banjo player and bass player was top notch; very lively and entertaining, and of course, Don Howerton and Jonny Nutter were great, and are real troupers to come and pour themselves into these events, no matter what the tribute. Thanks to all who did come out; and there was some pretty good enthusiasm from the slim crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home