tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

my background hunt for info on a Greg Brown song

Someone gave me a good link to a bit of info on the Greg Brown song that I am intrigued about. I first heard a folksinger singing a song called Rooty toot toot for the moon years ago in Springfield Ohio (early 70's) Then I saw the song credited to Greg Brown in the Rise Up Singing song book with slightly different verses. Then I heard it on Greg's one more goodnight kiss; sounding different. So someone on the listserv for info about greg brown tips me off to the notes Richard Pinney wrote on greg's website about early years, and references this song, and how it was passed around in minnesota, midwest cafe's etc at the time. How Greg played it a bunch of different ways. Micheal Johnson (bluer than blue) has it on a 1973 record; as well as several other recordings by misc. folks in the 70's, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home