tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Neil YOung tribute show less than two weeks

WE're within two weeks of the Neil Young tribute show, November 10th 8 pm at the Boreman Wheel House in downtown Parkersburg. This is the last event in the 2007 Americana Music Tribute Series as benefits for Children's Home Society of WV-Parkersburg. We string together a whole year of these benefits, and include the vinyl record sales, and scattered other music events to support the work we do with area children and families. The public awareness purpose is important too. We connect with quite a few people over the course of the year. The Americana music theme remains strong for me; everything keeps working to make me want to keep that theme. The Americana Music Association is having their big event this week in Nashville; I'd still like to work towards some tickets for that event as a year long contest. These are the musicians I gravitate toward. Neil Young won artist of the year last year.
I hope I get some more firmer commitments from some musicians to make sure I can put together a solid night of music. Neil has the new CD out, which I've read some reviews of; he is a prolific producer of music, always stretching and keeping it wide-ranging. Please spread the word to folks to come on out and help us finish the 2007 series strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home