tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

mid week

This is a lull of music details, but thought I better post some sort of sign of life. Mountain Stage this coming Sunday, Dec. 2- has Mary Gauthier and Suzanne Vega among others; this will be the first Mountain Stage I've attended in a while; though the WV Music Hall of Fame event felt pretty much like a Mountain Stage event. Cindy told me of the Carolina Chocolate Drops being on Mountain Stage Feb. 3rd also. Then its John Prine in Charleston on Dec. 7th; hoping to see a good contingent of folks there. Todd Snider is opening for JOhn. Two Ohio shows in Feb. announced for John Prine- around the weekend we hope to be having the 3rd annual Cash Bash here in Parkersburg.
The Greens will be gearing up for a holiday barrage of shows here in Parkersburg, with a few shows these next two weeks in either wheeling or morgantown. Look for the greens at: front row, dec. 14th; jp henry's the 21st, the wheel house the 22nd and dec. 31 (NYE). I can't guarantee, but look for aaron phillips to be joining back up with the fellers on the 21st and 22nd , but not the NYE show. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony Castillo come around for those dates also! He's been doing some creative stuff lately and wouldn't want to miss the reunion stuff.
Haven't had any travels lately to listen to extended lengths of music; just some good ol' WOUB radio lately. (Rah-dio, as andy would pronounce it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home