tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

two days countdown to Hank Williams Tribute

We're in the countdown to the Hank Williams tribute show; less than 60 hours away. There'll be a "whole lotta hank" as Ashlie would say. I was especially pleased to talk to one of the musicians last night and hear that he would focus on Hank Jr. since I think that's likely to be overlooked sometimes; that's the spirit we were looking for- someone enjoying the overall concept!
I have been incredibly busy and probably have not prepared my trivia contests adequately. Well, there's always Saturday during the day! Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated (for sources of quick and easy information). I will be bringing the "shakey" traveling trophy also. If this little tradition across the various Americana tribute shows can continue it will be a true miracle of fragile / flukish / fantastic / fun- it is such a delicate little thing, that its hard to imagine it can make it out of the Wheel House, to someone's home, and then return several months later.
I'm still kicking myself because I left my personal Greens tip jar in Glenville last week. This weird piece of pottery has been part of my collection of odd items for several years; I use(d) it for donations at the vinyl record shows, and as a tip jar at Greens shows early on. Maybe it will show up at some other mysterious moment in music history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home