tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Countdown week for the Hank Williams tribute benefit

We're down to less than a week to the next event in the Americana Music Tribute series. This Saturday its the Hank Williams tribute. Help spread the word / thanks.
I'll try to stick some Hank Williams info on the blog this week as I can fit it in; or better yet, you can send me stuff of interest. I know Bill Poole has a collection of songs with references to Hank Williams in them. There is the stuff going around about trying to "reinstate" Hank into the Grand Ole Opry. There are things about Hank III that I'm sure folks could send me updates about. I'll do my best, but I've got a busy week..............
Saturday night; Jimmy C's Wheel HOuse, 406 Avery St. Parkersburg. 8 pm $5 cover/ donation. I'd love to see some new faces (and of course some loyal attenders, too!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home