tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I might get a little rain on the vinyl record sale

I have never been rained out yet on an outdoor vinyl record sale, but its looking pretty gloomy this morning. I hope I can get a little help today, and then if we have to dismantle the set up quickly there will be more hands to make lighter work. Even a couple of good hours is worth something; just trying to get these records into the hands of music lovers. I'll report back on the flip side!
I'm wearing my Todd Snider t-shirt again today; with the long list of dusty ol' vinyl records he had in his collection (on the back of the shirt)- willie, waylon and woody guthrie....... etc. I haven't made any progress on the more obscure ones on the list since last year, when I was making a pitch to have folks help me out. I made the one trip to Haffa's in Athens, and could probably have picked up a few there, but didn't feel like forking over the money at that time, until I had a more committed game plan. Had a good conversation last night with some vinyl enthusiasts who mentioned a number of cool record stores around the country- Philedelphia, SF, etc. And remembering when Athens had three stores......
I definitely suffered a set back when I couldn't get the newspaper to run my story about a writing contest. I have to think this one through; how to start a little earlier, get some help from some more eager and aggressive promoters. I guess I do get spread a little too thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home