tuck's music journal

I write about local music stuff in West Virginia and nearby Ohio. I post lots of information about the Greens and musical benefit events I organize for my non profit organization. Americana music focused.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Going into the weekend

Well, its probably a little premature to say I am looking ahead to the weekend, being it is 9:30 am and I have a full day of details to take care of here at work before shifting gears to the weekend. But I may not have other available time to write this Post. There is a songwriter night at the Blennerhassett tonight, which I may not make it to, but it has the usual good line up of songwriters that Todd pulls together. Tomorrow (I am, for the first time, anxious about the weather) there is the vinyl record sale from 10 am to 3 pm in front of the Sound Exchange. I will be lugging heavy boxes of records from the neighborhood center over there. They are an exciting, intriguing selection of records, thanks to the recent generous donation. I have not even really been through all the stacks, so this will provide me much amusement and entertainment tomorrow during the lulls in action. I always get a chuckle out of the mass rush at the beginning of the day.
Then tomorrow night, the Greens are playing down in Glenville. I don't know what kind of day of rest Sunday will be.
At least the Free Time listed the vinyl record sale this week, lumping in the Whole Lotta Hank show next Saturday into the same article. That will be next week's big push; getting some more buzz generated for that show.
Bill Poole has announced a new show in July; a touring act coming through. July 21st. Stay tuned for more details. The Hock Hocking Folk Festival- Nelsonville Arts and Music Festival are coming up in a few weeks. Will Kimbrough at Fur Peace Ranch is coming up on May 3rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home